1. Adopt a pet from your local shelter or rescue. There are more than just dogs and cats that need homes, pets such as bunnies, guinea pigs, hamsters, birds and farm animals need forever homes too.
2. Dress your pet in a comfortable and safe costume or cute clothing and take photos to share online. You can actually bring happiness to strangers through your beloved pet. Tag #dressupyourpetday and we just might feature you! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Links are at the bottom of the page.
3. Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations in honor of your pet.
4. Volunteer at your local shelter and offer to play with some dogs or cats available for adoption, clean cages, litter boxes, large animal stalls or anything else they need help with.
5. Write your Congressman and ask that he/she support the ban of puppy/kitten mills and gas chambers in your state.
6. Hire a professional photographer to do a photo shoot of your pet(s) in a special outfit or costume.
7. Have a Dress Up Your Pet Day party and invite your friends to bring their dogs. Take lots of photos!
8. Film your pet prancing around in fun attire and post it on social media with the tag #DressUpYourPetDay.
9. Paint your face up as your favorite kind of pet, wear kitty ears, bake animal shaped cookies for your kids or dress in pet related fashion.
10. Get the kids and pets together and have a neighborhood "pets on parade"!